- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, cut into smaller chunks
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 clove seeds
- 25 cardamom seeds
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 bag of black tea (preferably Darjeeling)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp golden brown sugar
- Combine cinnamon, black pepper, cloves, cardemom in mortal and pestle, smash it up a bit, add to pot.
- Add ginger to mortal and pestle, smash it up a bit too. add to pot.
- Add water to the pot. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat partially cover pan with lid, and simmer gently 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add tea bags milk and sugar, stir (or wisk) and steep 5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Add milk and sugar.
- When it’s all warm, strain and serve hot.
- Optional last step: foam/froth some milk to add on top at the very end and sprinkle a tiny bit of cinnamon on top